Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week 11: 2D3D: Final Fish Pirate

Last week we finished up the fish pirate! Yay! This was such a massive project, and definitely helped me understand what is involved for more major character models. I had never done anything like this before.

After I finished sculpting the pirate and baked the maps onto my low-res model, I pulled up Mudbox and Photoshop to start painting. Most of my time was spent in Photoshop, but I liked having the model update in Mudbox so I could tell how the model was looking. This is my final color map.


I applied this map to the final model in UE4 and the final result of the pirate is below.


Learn & Grow
1. While I am getting more used to the flow, this project took so long that I felt a little disconnected week after week since I was in one program for such a long time! I think I have the flow down, but I continue to learn more tips and tricks to make it easier. In the beginning, I was confused on having a high and low-res model, but that's become clear now.
2. My sculpt lines still aren't deep enough! I really need to not be afraid and really make some things shine.
3. I do like coloring! The coloring of the model was pretty fun for me. I enjoyed the mixed process of Mudbox and Photoshop. The next thing I need to learn is Substance Painter apparently!
4. Practice, practice, practice! Like all things, this work will only get better from here on out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment