Sunday, November 1, 2015

Producer: Game Design Document

Along with doing my art classes, I've also been sitting in on the Producer classes, wanting to learn more management and how to think more creatively. I really enjoy these classes, and I have been learning a lot from them.

Our capstone game pitches will be this week, and I have decided to pitch a game.

To prepare for this, I created something called a Game Design Document, or a GDD. It outlines many core features of your game and how they will work within your game. I spent an entire week working on it and designing it.

It was an enriching experience as I had to come up with idea, and plan what will make it unique or different.

I'll admit there are a few things I need to add or tweak, but I believe as a game, it has strong base functionality. (But then again.. of course I would. I thought up the idea?)

The document ended up being nine pages long, 10 if you include the cover page.

So between working on this GDD and working on my fish pirate, I've been very very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment