Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 3: 2D3D - Continuing Concepting and Layers in ZBrush

This week we continued with our concepts in ZBrush. This was definitely not my favorite thing to do in ZBrush, but I can see why its important to learn.

Building an environment in Zbrush I found to be a bit difficult if the buildings are supposed to be circular or exaggerated.

What was due this week was mocking up and creating 12 concepts of something. I choose to do environment.

Here is my final verions... Below this I will go over my process:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was unable to continue the city layouts from last week, so I started over for the most part.

Instead of focusing in on the city, I wanted to build around the city and focus on depth, perception and size.

From the beginning, I took my initial landscape and sculpted four different versions of the landscape that the city could sit on.

To make the city more interesting, I created a new layer of my favorite city layout (the windmill pattern), and warped the buildings into more interesting shapes to give it a looming cartoony feel.

From there, I used the base sculpt and crated two layers to generate a total of three concepts from one layout.

I repeated the process above to get my final results below for the sculpt.

My landscapes are mostly light trees, bushes, roads and rocks, and I represented each of those roughly in the sculpt for me to give my attention to while I paint overtop of each. 


After I laid out these renders, I took them into Photoshop and added in the trees and added small details to the mountains and rocks. This is my final result.




3 comments:

  1. Let's build a bit more in the form of lighting. we need to separate shapes using value. Let's not add the letters over your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now the designs do feel very similar right now. Should be using different shapes for your buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to look at this learning series: http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/lesson/zbrush-for-concepting-part-5

    ReplyDelete