Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Life Drawing: Learning Anatomy

I wish I could post my figure drawings on here! As Life Drawing applies, we are drawing nude models and learning anatomy. This is the first time this has been available to me, and it has been invaluable.

We have finally covered all the skeleton, muscles and smaller features of the body such as eyes, lips, noses and mouths. It has noticeably improved my drawings just by attempting to identify and draw muscles where muscles should be.

One thing I have found an interesting love for is something we studied in our Drawing Fundamentals class: Value of color, mainly black and white.

We were shown examples of pure black and white drawings with only shading and it was some of the most beautiful art! I would really love to do a few value study drawings and I am applying them to my nude drawings and trying to figure out how to get the look I want.

By doing this, I've identified problems with my art...meaning, I realized I am not sure how to get the effect that I want. When I look at a fold in a piece of clothing, I can see the light and dark, but I can't seem to get it to look right.

Doing these value studies, I believe it will help me accomplish the look I want in digital painting and clothing.

I learned all this by doing these Life Drawings every Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment