Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week 10: Substance Painter

Another fun week working on the helmet using Substance! :D This is such a great program that really makes realistic painting easier to accomplish.


This is my result from this week's lesson. I played around with forming lots of folders and having structure for all the different areas of the helmet to change materials.

After I put each area into it's own folder structure which involved having a fill layer of different materials, I set up each material to reflect how I wanted it to look.

Then, I went head and played with all the settings to get something that was looking good and set up the color scheme.

I used many tips from the video to play around with different methods to accomplish the look I wanted.

Lastly, I hand painted some dirt and scratches along the surface. I would have liked to play around with edge damage more like what I did in Substance Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment