Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 5: Paint/Over & Photobashing

This week's assignment was to take three renders and photobash them in Photoshop for a better idea of what your concept should look like.

The Results






----------------------------------

The Process

My Capstone Team already had a color palette for this city to choose from, so my exploration in these pieces were playing with what part of the color palette would look good where.

I brought these pieces into Photoshop and started with grass. I found a grass texture and applied it as an overlay across the whole picture. I then erased the grass texture from the city itself.

Following grass, I added in the rock or cliff texture. I placed where I wanted the rocky texture then erased the grass texture from underneath.

The last texture I used was a dirt texture to apply small paths or makeshift roads around the city.

From here, I focused on fleshing out the city. I darkened everywhere there was ground first. Then I started adding in the smaller details, such as the neon signs and lanterns that decorate the city.

I also added small purple wispy ghost people since purple is the color palette for our enemies in the game.

Lastly, I took an overlay layer and added lightning to the city itself and the surrounding environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment